Monday, June 10, 2013

Mixtape Movies #5

Okay, okay. One more after this and I'll be done. (Don't get me wrong. I liked doing them.) Anyway, onward!

The theme for this penultimate list is "Love Will Tear Us Apart". (With special thanks to Joy Division for that title.) There have been countless films focusing on the budding romances and their "and they lived happily forever after" endings. What if they don't live happily ever after? That's what these films are about. The list starts after the jump. (Just FYI, I'm not including summaries except for the wildcard this time.)


Annie Hall (Allen, 1977)

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (Gondry, 2004)

(500) Days of Summer (Webb, 2009)

Blue Valentine (Cianfrance, 2010)

The Deep Blue Sea (Davies, 2012)
And the wildcard is...
Casablanca (Curtiz, 1943)
An odd choice, perhaps, but allow me to clarify. This is a film about two former lovers meeting again. The hope of them being together bubbles up (unlike the other couples on this list). And we all know, they'll always have Paris.

Just one more after this and I'll be back to writing reviews, okay? Just bear with me.

9 comments:

  1. This is my favourite one so far, though all of your lists have been great. Well done :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this list! (how predictably girly of me) I've not watched The Deep Blue Sea, I see I should!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome picks! Casablanca is a brilliant wildcard too. This is one of my favorites that you've done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this mix especially out of all the ones you did (they're all great though). Maybe it's that I love several of the films on this list, or that I love the song that inspired your list title but it's great!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated. More so if they are appropriate.