Sunday, November 28, 2010

Pollock

Now and then an actor better known for their supporting roles has the opportunity to be the leading man or lady. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Artist Jackson Pollock (Ed Harris) tries to fend off personal demons and bad reviews with the help of wife and fellow artist Lee Krasner (Marcia Gay Harden).

Although the performances from Harris and Harden are the reason to see Pollock, the movie is rather drawl. It feels flat through a majority of the movie. But like what I said, the performances are the main reason to see Pollock. Harris and Harden gave very good performances (even though I think Kate Hudson should have won that year instead of Harden). In my opinion, Pollock is worth a look.

My Rating: ****

1 comment:

  1. I really like this movie, one of the best of the year and Marcia's performance is actually one of my favourite supporting performances of all time. She's such a fine actress.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated. More so if they are appropriate.