Friday, October 1, 2010

BOOK VS MOVIE: Into the Wild

I really like book where the events mentioned in them actually took place. They're either inspiring or tragic. Or once in a while both. A good example of that is Into the Wild.

Christopher McCandless has recently graduated from college. But instead of achieving the goals his parents want him to do, he donates his life savings to charity, adopts the psuedonym "Alexander Supertramp", and takes off for Alaska. He spends three months on the road before arriving at Alaska.

Jon Krakauer's novel is very detailed and gripping, while Sean Penn's movie is enthralling. I can honestly say I don't know which one I love more. But I just want to add something else about the movie: Emile Hirsch was AMAZING as McCandless and should've been recognized more for his work.


What's worth checking out?: I'd go with both.

2 comments:

  1. Word. I loved them both as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd go with both. Here you have another 3 book-vs-movie cases that worth looking into: Blindness, Trainspotting and Naked Lunch.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated. More so if they are appropriate.