Monday, February 22, 2010

Plans for 'BOOK VS MOVIE'

You may noticed once a month I do a segment where I compared a movie with the book it's based on. I will admit I'm running out of books and movies to compare, but I am working on reviews for A Streetcar Named Desire and The Maltese Falcon. And thanks to the handy-dandy Internet, I managed to find a few more to do. What's underlined means I have to watch the movie; if there's a star (*) I have to read the book:

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
East of Eden
High Fidelity*
Love Story*
Flowers for Algernon
Suddenly Last Summer*
Cat on a Hot Tin Roof*

Hmm, looks like I need to catch up on my movie-watching. Also, I'm thinking about doing a slight twist on the segment called 'ORIGINAL VS REMAKE'. Rather obvious, actually. I compared a remake to the movie it's based on. Thinking about starting the segement with Seven Samurai and The Magnificent Seven (once I've seen the latter). So let me hear what you think about these plans.

2 comments:

  1. One thing I might suggest is doing it fore new releases. I don't know if you read Shutter Island, but that would be a good example.

    I know for me, I'm interested in becoming a screenwriter, so I try to read a lot of books before the movies come out to get a fell for the adaptation process. I most recently finished Labor Day, which is Jason Reitman's next adaptation. Fantastic read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your reaction to High Fidelity...that's one of my all time favorite books.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated. More so if they are appropriate.